Viewing the inauguration

Miscellaneous conversation about Inauguration Day 2009

Viewing the inauguration

Postby TinaLynn » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:41 am

Hello all, I've been trying to get information regarding the viewing live or almost live of the inauguration. I teach in a very rural school in Northwest Pennsylvania that does not have a satelite or cable TV. Does anyone know if there will be any online coverage? News agencies, YouTube, etc.? We would love to watch! Thanks.
TinaLynn

Re: Viewing the inauguration

Postby sarajean1213 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:34 am

I would like to know if any educator has developed lessons that can be used while viewing the inauguration. If so, please post them, so we can save some time in creating any. Here is a mini plan that I am doing in my classroom. I am going to have my 7th grade students listen to President Obama's inauguration speech, then, take one issue from his speech and defend it. They must write at least 5 paragraphs on this issue. In the first paragraph they must they must staste the issue and give at least three reasons why they feel this issue is important, then present a "call for action". The second paragraph will be written to let the reader know who is affected by the issue,and they must support the issue using fact-based statistics, interviews, or quotes from any reading that they research. The third paragraph will render recommendations to help solve the issue. In Paragraph four they write on the benefits of their recommendations, and the last paragraph they ask for assistance and provide closure to the writing. I hope this mini plan helps someone else who
sarajean1213

Postby id2009 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:49 pm

TinaLynn,

There will be lots of online coverage -- see broadcast information. The main news sites will be broadcasting the ceremony live, as will the Presidential Inauguration Committee site.

Ken
id2009
Site Admin

Postby bondo » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:01 pm

While seeing the inauguration I noticed what everyone noticed the mumbling of both the senator and the president elect. No one rehearsed it with him. Shouldn't that have been done?
bondo

Return to Conversation